Updating student and family information is easy through PowerSchool. Families are able to update basic contact information through the PowerSchool Parent Portal Account which provides an easy online way to notify the school of a change to their email, phone number, or the student’s home address. Changes may be made at any time during the school year and as often as needed.
Why is this important? In addition to storing student information such as attendance, grades and schedules, PowerSchool is also used to store family contact information. Without accurate contact information, schools and teachers will not be able to contact the proper person in the event of a sudden illness or concern. In addition, parents will not receive the district and school calls or emails regarding inclement weather, student absence or other critical communication.
● The form can only be accessed through the PowerSchool Parent Portal Account.
● The form cannot be submitted unless all required fields are complete.
● Parents can update the student’s address, not the parent address. By default, the parents address will update if it is indicated they live with the student.
● A Proof of Residency cannot be uploaded. Documentation must be provided to the school.
● This does not replace the Student Information Form, which provides more detailed information required for the start of the school year.
For more information about the process, please visit the PowerSchool page of the Caroline website.