The regular Board meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. only for the purpose of voting to close its meeting pursuant to state government under the Open Meetings Act (General Provisions Article 3-305 (1, 9)) to discuss the appointment, employment, assignment, promotion, discipline, demotion, compensation, removal, resignation, or performance evaluation of appointees, employees, or officials over whom this public body has jurisdiction; any other personnel matter that affects one or more specific individuals and to conduct collective bargaining negotiations or consider matters that relate to the negotiations and to perform an administrative function.
The public portion of the meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. when the Board reconvenes in public session.
The members of the Caroline County Board of Education desire to hear the views and have the advice of interested citizens. The public comment session is held at each Board meeting for that purpose.
In-Person Public Comment – The time allotted for the Public Comment portion of the agenda is no more than 30 minutes total. Individuals interested in participating during the Public Comment portion may sign up in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by signing in at the podium prior to the beginning of the meeting. Individuals will be called to the podium in the order in which they registered by email or sign-in.
During Public Comment, members of the Board of Education may greet and thank any participants. Any clarifying questions, follow up comments, or requests for follow-up actions will be directed to the Superintendent (or designee) for further review by the Board at a later date.
Individuals will be advised that:
- Each person addressing the Board will have a five-minute time limit. Once the time limit has been reached, the speaker will be asked to finish their comments.
- Employees who have concerns that are not work related and wish to appear before the Board of Education for public comment as parent and/or citizens may do so according to the procedures outlined in the policy.
- Specific and personal references to students, employees or others associated with the Board of Education will not be permitted. Should someone wish to bring something to the attention of the Superintendent or the Board about a specific person or student, they may do so in writing to the Superintendent or the Board.
- Rude, slanderous, or threatening remarks or other behavior that is disruptive or interferes with the order of the meeting is not permitted.
- Individuals may not give their time to others on the list of speakers.
Written Public Comment emailed to email@example.com – Emails must be received no later than noon one day prior to the Board meeting, and must clearly state in the subject line or body of the email ‘For Public Comment.’ Emails will be provided to Board members prior to the start of the meeting and attached to the agenda. Written comments will not be read aloud during the meeting.