This page is designed to keep community members aware of the latest information regarding positive COVID-19 cases among staff and students. Our goal is to ensure our communication protocols are thorough and transparent, while protecting employee and student privacy.
For information about face covering (mask) protocols in Caroline schools, please visit our Back to School page.
For the latest information about COVID-19 in Caroline, please visit the Caroline COVID-19 website.
For suspected and positive COVID-19 cases, the following communication procedures are in place:
- Once a suspected or positive test result is reported, contact tracing is conducted.
- Individuals identified as needing to quarantine are contacted directly.
If a suspected case is confirmed to be positive through COVID-19 test results:
- Individuals identified through contract tracing are once again notified that the case is positive, and they must quarantine accordingly (health staff will advise).
- An email* advising of a positive test result is sent by the principal to all staff in the specific building.
- An email* advising of a positive test result is sent by the principal to all families via SchoolMessenger.
- Each Friday, the CCPS website is updated to reflect any new positive cases.
*Email to School Staff and Families:
"This is to inform you that an individual at (building) has tested positive for COVID-19. This individual was last present in the school on (date).
CCPS has worked with the Caroline County Health Department to identify close contacts of the confirmed case who should quarantine.
If a student or staff member has been determined to have been in close contact with this individual, the parent(s) and/or staff member(s) have already been contacted with further instructions. If you have not been contacted, there is nothing further you need to do at this time. CCPS is taking all precautions as outlined in our Recovery Plan, and in consultation with the Caroline County Health Department."
Weekly Report: Positive COVID-19 Test Results
CCPS has worked with state and local healthcare partners to develop and implement protocols that support the health and safety of students and staff. However, we recognize that students and staff are engaged in home and community life, and positive cases do not necessarily reflect the school environment.
CCPS has approximately 5800 students and 1000+ staff members.
- The weekly report will be published no later than 4:00 pm, every Friday afternoon.
- Numbers reflect confirmed positive test results only, as newly reported in the previous seven (7) days.
- Beginning 9/24/21, the dashboard reflects the number of newly positive cases and the number of newly quarantined individuals.
- Numbers are not cumulative.