Caroline students are in-person and virtual learners! First semester has taught everyone a lot, and we want to share tips and best practices learned from both staff and students that will ensure second semester success.
- Learning Area: Students need a well-lighted, quiet place in their home for virtual learning.
- On-Time: Students should be on time and on schedule for in-person, synchronous, and asynchronous days.
- Charger: Devices should be charged for home and school, and kept with the device.
- Devices: Take good care of devices when in class, at home and traveling in between.
- Device cameras: Cameras help greatly with student engagement and connection to teachers and classmates! Try to leave them on as much as possible.
- Headphones: Headphones or earbuds should be kept with devices and ready for use.
- Downloading materials: Best practice is to download materials the day before an asynchronous learning day.
- Google Classroom: Log in just prior to class beginning or resuming.
- Learning materials and books: Keep these with the device for easy access.
- PowerSchool: Families (and students) should check PowerSchool on a regular basis to check attendance, grades, and assignments.
- Email: Students (and families) should check email on a regular basis.
Check with principals and school counselors for more tools and best practices for 2nd Semester Success.