The Bayside Conference has announced spectator guidelines for the 2021 Spring Sports season, May 7 through June 19, 2021. According to their news release:
- “All spring athletes will be given the opportunity to have limited guests at contests (home and away) based on local guidelines.
- Everyone attending a game must abide by the rules of the host facility to include possible health screenings before entering, wearing a facial covering at all times, and must social distance (6 feet apart) unless living in the same household. Please do not attend if you are having any COVID-19 related symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has recently tested positive.
- Individual schools will determine if concession stands are able to be open, that information will be shared at the school level.
- The Bayside Conference and its member schools reserves the right to amend spectator procedures at any time. Spectators not following COVID-19 protocols will be asked to leave the premises.”
Supervisor of Athletics Rob Willoughby stated, “As a member of the Bayside Conference, we were happy to be a part of developing these guidelines. We’re excited about this next step in our return to play plan, and look forward to welcoming more spectators while keeping everyone safe.”
“We are making great progress,” stated Interim Superintendent Derek Simmons. “For that forward momentum to continue, we must remain vigilant. Sometimes being a good teammate or supporter may mean having to miss a game.”
Students and fans are reminded to stay home:
- while awaiting COVID test results
- after testing positive for COVID
- after having been quarantined for any reason