PowerSchool Online Enrollment is a secure platform that allows parents/guardians to enter their child’s information into an online database. New users begin by using their email address to create an account and then proceed through the process. Families without access to a device or the internet may contact the school for assistance.
If an in-person visit is needed, schools will use the information provided in PowerSchool to call families and schedule an appointment to complete the enrollment process.
For more information about the enrollment process, please visit the Enrollment-Attendance page.
New Kindergarten Students: All children whose birthday is on or after September 2, 2016, and on or before September 1, 2017, are required by Maryland law to begin kindergarten in September 2022. For detailed information, please visit the PreK & Kindergarten page on the CCPS website.
Pre-Kindergarten (4 Year Old) Enrollment and Screening requires a two-step process to request enrollment. Families with children whose birthday is on or after September 2, 2017, and on or before September 1, 2018, may request their child be enrolled in pre-kindergarten classes that begin in September 2022. For detailed information, please visit the PreK & Kindergarten page on the CCPS website.
- Step 1 – Online enrollment is now open at PowerSchool Online Enrollment (English) (Spanish). Families without access to a device or the internet may contact the child’s school for assistance with registration.
- Step 2 – Screening Day: By appointment only on the days specified below
Families must contact the child’s school to schedule a screening appointment. Vision, hearing, speech and language, and early learning skills will be informally assessed, and take approximately 30 minutes.
Screening Days by School:
- April 26 – Federalsburg & Preston students at Federalsburg Elementary, 9:00-3:00
- April 29 – Greensboro students at Greenboro Elementary, 9:00-3:00
- May 5 – Denton & Ridgely students at Denton Elementary, 9:00-3:00
Regional Pre-Kindergarten (3 Year Old) Program: For children who meet the eligibility requirements, the Regional Pre-Kindergarten 3 programs provide an inclusive environment. Interested parents should call the appropriate school to receive information and an application.
For detailed information, please visit the PreK & Kindergarten page on the CCPS website.