The Caroline County Board of Education will hold their monthly meeting on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, the public may not attend in person; however, the meeting will be livestreamed to the public, Presenters may participate only when their agenda item is under discussion. These restrictions have been re-instituted in order to achieve the school system goals of keeping students and staff healthy and in school, and keeping classrooms and buildings open.
The regular Board meeting will begin at 4:00 p.m. only for the purpose of voting to close the meeting pursuant to state government under the Open Meetings Act (General Provisions Article 3-305 (1)) for the following reasons: (1) to discuss the appointment, employment, assignment, promotion, discipline, demotion, compensation, removal, resignation, or performance evaluation of appointees, employees, or officials over whom this public body has jurisdiction; any other personnel matter that affects one or more specific individuals, and (7) to consult with counsel to obtain legal advice.
The public portion of the meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. when the Board reconvenes in public session.
Regarding Public Comment:
To ensure the opportunity for public input, the Board will accept public comment in one of two ways:
1. Written public comment is preferred, emailed to [email protected]:
Emails must be received no later than noon one day prior to the Board meeting, and must clearly state in the subject line or body of the email “For Public Comment.” Emails will be provided to Board members prior to the start of the meeting, and the content will be read aloud by a staff member during the Board meeting.
2. In-person public comment is available with restrictions:
In order to adhere to current COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, in-person public comment will be conducted as follows:
- Individuals must register for public comment by emailing [email protected] no later than noon one day prior to the Board meeting.
- The email must contain the individuals’ name, address, phone number, and topic to be addressed.
- Registration will be confirmed via return email.
- During the meeting, registered speakers will wait outside the Board of Education building.
- During the public comment portion of the meeting, speakers will be called using the phone number provided in the registration.
- When called, the individual will come into the building and be shown into the board room. Speakers should be free of any symptoms of illness and wear a mask while in the building.
- Once the five minute limit is reached, the individual will exit the building.