Four Caroline students were announced as winners in the Character Counts Laws of Life essay contest. Students and their teachers were awarded $50 checks by the Mid-Shore Character Counts organization, and all four entries are now eligible for top recognition at the Annual Appreciation Celebration.
Congratulations go to:
- Caroline Career & Technology Center – Matthew Good and Ms. Logan Moore
- Lockerman Middle School- Gigiliyana Leynes and Ms. Jaclyn Murray
- Colonel Richardson Middle School – Susannah Cheezum and Ms. Nicole Mister
- Colonel Richardson High School – Marion Grunden and Ms. Colleen Costagliola
- North Caroline High School – Darrien Brown and Ms. Kathryn Harcum
The Laws of Life Essay Contest was created in 1987 by the late Sir John Templeton, a businessman and philanthropist. It was adopted by Character Counts Mid Shore in 2001. Templeton wanted to motivate young people to reflect on their own laws of life and write about the ideals and principles that mean the most to them.