Food Service Professional Practicum
This course provides students the opportunity to further refine and apply skills that support all aspects of the industry. It will assist in preparing students for employment and advancement in the field of hospitality and food and beverage management. Students successfully completing this course will be able to:
– Explore job market and employment opportunities.
– Apply the fundamentals of managing a food service establishment.
– Explain and demonstrate the skills necessary for transition from school to a professional setting.
– Apply the foundation knowledge of safe and sanitary food preparation and food handling techniques.
– Apply the foundation knowledge in order to prepare a wide variety of foods.
Prerequisites and other notes: Recommended for students in grades 10-11. Concurrently enrolled and/or completed Food Service Professional I (901) & Food Service Professional II (902). Food Service Practicum (903) is taken in conjunction with Food Service Professional I (901) and Food Service Practicum (904) is taken in conjunction with Food Service Professional II (902). Completer course only for this major.