Two administrative appointments for the 2019-2020 school year were approved by the Board of Education at their May meeting:
- Amy Shepler, currently the technology instructional teacher specialist, was appointed supervisor of instruction.
- Christal Harkowa, current principal of Colonel Richardson High School, was appointed supervisor of instruction.
Superintendent Patricia Saelens has announced the following administrative changes for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Susan McCandless, current director of schools, will be the new principal at Denton Elementary School. Current Denton principal Leslie Tolley is leaving to pursue new opportunities.
- Nicole VonDenBosch, current principal at Lockerman Middle School, will be the new principal at Colonel Richardson High School.
- A.J. Angeloni, current assistant principal at Ridgely Elementary School, will be the new assistant principal at Denton Elementary School.
- Sarah Crebs, current assistant principal at Denton Elementary School, will be the new assistant principal at Ridgely Elementary School.
- Lisa Hopkins, current director of instruction, will be the new supervisor of instruction.
All appointments are effective as of July 1, 2019.
“Each of these employees have been a valuable part of the CCPS family, and have the commitment and talent necessary to take on new challenges,” states Superintendent of School Patricia Saelens. “I look forward to working with each of them in their new roles and providing the support necessary to ensure a smooth transition for students and staff.”
The principal position at Lockerman Middle School, along with newly created assistant principal positions at Greensboro Elementary, Denton Elementary School, and Lockerman Middle School, have not yet been filled.