Six administrative appointments for the 2019-2020 school year were approved by the Board of Education at their June meeting.
- A.J. Angeloni, current assistant principal at Ridgely Elementary, was appointed principal at Preston Elementary School.
- Takiyah A. Benson was appointed assistant principal at Lockerman Middle School. Ms. Benson comes to CCPS from Delaware where she was a special education teacher and principal.
- Matthew Breedlove was appointed assistant principal at Denton Elementary School. Mr. Breedlove was a teacher at CCPS from 2005 until 2016, and an assistant principal for Dorchester County Public Schools since 2016.
- Kaytlin Curren, the current Resource Teacher Specialist at Greensboro Elementary School, was appointed to the newly created assistant principal position at Greensboro Elementary School.
- Matthew Shepler, current assistant principal at Colonel Richardson High School, was appointed principal at Lockerman Middle School.
- Jared Sherman, current dean of students at Colonel Richardson High School, was appointed assistant principal at Colonel Richardson High School.
All appointments are effective as of July 1, 2019.
Dr. Saelens stated, “As we continue to fill administrative positions in preparation for the next school year, I’m pleased to see current staff take on new challenges and happy to welcome new administrators to the CCPS family. I look forward to working with each of them as we provide the support necessary to ensure a smooth transition for students and staff.”