At this time of year, students report to the health room and/or school-based wellness centers with a variety of illnesses. These include flu, the common cold, and allergies, among others. The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to many of these other illnesses. As such, health room staff are using standard protocols for virus protection when interacting with students, including wearing masks and gloves and using disinfectant.
Custodial staff have used precautionary measures by disinfecting areas used by students who come to the health room with symptoms of any illness.
We continue to stress that anyone with concerns or symptoms should contact their local healthcare provider. For general information about COVID-19, call 211. We continue to encourage good hygiene practices such as:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or elbow
- Avoid touching your face
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home if you are sick except to get medical care
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick