Caroline County Public Schools believes strongly that all children are entitled to educational opportunities. Furthermore, we believe children with disabilities are more alike than different from other children. It is our mission to ensure all children’s needs are served in Caroline County classrooms.
CCPS Approach to Special Education
- All children with disabilities deserve a free and appropriate educational program that recognizes
individual needs and differences.
- All children with disabilities will be provided special education programs and services at no cost
to the individual, parent, or legal guardian.
- We use a system of early intervention to identify students with disabilities and give them a
strong start in public education.
- We leverage interagency partnerships to deliver additional services and programs to students
- We maintain a high standard of qualification and evaluation for our administrators, teachers,
and specialists who work with children with disabilities.
The term “student with a disability” means a student, ages three through 21, evaluated as having
autism, deaf-blindness, emotional disturbance, hearing impairment including deafness, mental
retardation, multiple disability, orthopedic impairment, other health impairment, special learning
disability, speech or language impairment; and who, because of that impairment, needs special
education and related services.
Special Education Citizen’s Advisory Committee (SECAC)
The Special Education Citizen’s Advisory Committee seeks meaningful input from parents, community partners, service providers, educators, and administrators on local issues that affect the education and wellbeing of children with disabilities. SECAC operates as a partnership at the local level.
Current Caroline County SECAC Chairperson: Gayland Carlisle
Special Education Contacts
Elizabeth (Twigg) Anthony
Director of Special Programs
410.479.3246 x 1118 | email@example.com
Supervisor of Special Education
410.479.3246 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator of Special Education
410.479.3246 | email@example.com
Coordinator of Instruction: Birth to Five Special Education & Early Childhood
410.479.3246 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education – Data Systems Operator
410.479.3246 x 1116 | email@example.com
Special Education Administrative Assistant
410.479.3246 ex. 1115 | firstname.lastname@example.org